Atlantic Health System provides a Patient Transfer Center (PTC) that offers a time saving service for doctors and their staff at any hospital who wish to either consult with a specialist or initiate a patient transfer into any Atlantic Health Medical Center
The PTC is staffed 24/7/365 by highly experienced critical care transfer nurses who coordinate the entire process. This service is particularly helpful when tertiary care/surgery is necessary.
When a transfer request is received, the PTC Nurse:
- Facilitates identification of a receiving specialist;
- Arranges a prompt, live time conference call with the accepting physician. The call is recorded so the nurse can refer to the recording to confirm details from the initial conversation;
- Coordinates logistics to ensure bed availability;
- Communicates patient clinical information to all necessary parties;
- Reviews insurance eligibility, authorization for transfer, and identifies potential coverage issues for non-urgent care;
- Ensures compliance with healthcare law.
The PTC can coordinate the transfer of patients from anywhere in the world to an AHS facility.
- Coordinates nearly 9,000 transfers/year;
- Facilitates 550 tele stroke conferences/year;
- Facilitates 325 Pediatric Doc@Doc consultations/year;
- Activates nearly 500 STEMIs for Atlantic Health System.